Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Want To Fail My Class?

I’ve been an online, adjunct professor for a couple of universities for a number of years. Do you know the number one reason why students fail my class? You’ll be amazed at how easy this is.

Yes, I have a high percentage of students that have been out of school for a number of years and they need to acclimate to an academic environment. But that’s not the reason. And yes, I have a high percentage of students that are new to online education. But that’s not the reason either.

So do you want to fail my class? Here’s the number one way to do it.

Don’t submit your work.

Simple as that. Disregard assignments. If I send you an email reminder, just ignore it.

After all, you probably have better things to do. Perhaps there’s a football game to go to. Or friends to hang out with. Or maybe family activities. Or maybe it’s just a pretty weekend outside and you’ve had a rough week at work. After all, who wants to be stuck inside doing schoolwork?

Or maybe there are more serious reasons, such as family trouble, or perhaps some personal upheaval, or a very sick child. Whatever the reasons, by all means don’t contact me. Never drop me a note. Don’t update me concerning your changed situation.

And above all else, don’t submit your assignments.

If you think about it, this will be good experience for when you approach the career you desire, or apply for the job you’ve wanted for so long. If there’s a task that needs to be done, and you don’t want to do it right then for whatever reason, simply don’t do it. You have better things to do. Isn’t that how the world works?

So do you want to fail my class? It’s easy.







No comments:

Post a Comment